Board of Principals
Cindy Toh | Dance Principal (Jurong East | Woodlands)
- Associate with the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD), with Advanced II Vocational Grade
- RAD Teaching Certificate (Distinction)
- Practical Teaching Supervisor, Mentor and Tutor of the RAD Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies
- Bachelor of Arts Graduate with the National University of Singapore
- Special interest in Dance Kinesiology: Certified Progressing Ballet Technique Instructor, Barefoot Training Specialist®, BARE® Workout Instructor, and trained in Anatomy, Biomechanics and Dance Conditioning.
Passionate Dancer, Dedicated Teacher
- Formally-trained at the Singapore Ballet Academy (SBA).
- Experienced performer with the Singapore Dance Theatre (SDT), SBA and Attitude Performing Arts Studio.
- Pioneer Crestar Dance teacher-turned-Principal, with over 20 years of teaching experience.
Educator With A Heart, Holistically Nurturing Students To Achieve Their Best
- Groomed students for enrolment into prestigious dance schools such as The National Theatre Ballet School (Melbourne) and Kirov Academy of Ballet (Washington, DC), and scholarships for highly-sought programmes such as the elite SDT Scholars’ Programme and SDT Ballet Associates Course.
- Trained students for the Direct School Admissions (DSA) scheme into School of the Arts (SOTA), Singapore Chinese Girls’ School, River Valley and Nan Hua High School, and Anderson Junior College.
- Nurtured students to achieve outstanding results in local and international competitions.
- Actively seeks valuable performing opportunities for students, such as the RAD Dance Gala, SDT productions and Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing (CSTD) Summer School concerts.
Ivy Chua | Dance Principal (Marine Parade)
- The Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) registered teacher, with RAD Advanced 2 in Classical Ballet.
- Member of the Associate Royal Academy of Dance (ARAD).
- Beijing Dance Academy (BDA) Classical Chinese Dance (Grade 1 to Grade 3) examination teacher.
Veteran Teacher, Dedicated Mentor, Conscientious Dancer
- Over 13 years of regional teaching experience; well-versed in both RAD graded and vocational examinations.
- A firm believer of out-of-classroom dance exposures, students are coached to perform and compete on varied quality platforms, local, regional and international.
- An advocate of continuous learning, students are often encouraged to participate in dance summer schools to expand their exposure and deepen their experience.
- A life-long learner, she enrols in local and overseas dance courses such as the RSD Performance Course (London), International Summer Dance School (Hong Kong) and various workshops conducted by ballet masters (Opera National de Paris).
Experienced Dancer On Diverse Performing Platforms
- Invitations to perform at several high-profile international events, on stage and broadcast.
- Seasoned performer at Layna Ballet Academy’s annual concerts.
Pamela Carvalho - Dance Principal (Toa Payoh)
Highly-experienced Teacher And Mentor
- Over 25 years of teaching experience with Crestar School of Dance.
- The Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) certified teacher.
- The Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing (CSTD) certified teacher.
- Proficient in multiple dance forms, including Ballet, Modern Dance and Jazz.
- Dedicated mentor to budding young teachers.
- Groomed students for regional dance competitions and scholarship awards.
Professional Dancer On Multiple Regional Platforms
- Former professional dancer with People’s Association Company, trained in Chinese and Malay dance.
- Participated in multiple high-profile government functions.
- Active participant in the annual Chingay and National Day Parade.
- Regional performer, with performances in Thailand, Indonesia and North Korea.
Shyamala Vhamathawan - Dance Principal (Hougang, Tampines)
- Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) UK, Registered Teacher Status, Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies
- Associate Royal Academy of Dance (ARAD)
- Completed all RAD examinations including Advanced 2
Profile: Specializes in Ballet
Allison Frances Menon | Dance Teacher
Allison has been teaching dance since 2006 and holds certificates from Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) and Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing (CSTD) Modern Jazz certificates.
She has participated in various large scale performances such as Ha Ha Harmony with Wild Rice Chilli Padi, NYP’s A Night On Broadway Musical, Christmas Carolling ar Resort World Singapore, Singapore Power Club’s Pre F1 launch, Singapore River Festival ‘Legenda Singapura’, Red Cross Drive at Royal Thai Embassy etc.
Allison is a regular kids entertainer and events performer. She also teaches and creates dance programmes for her church.
Allison Frances Menon
Ariel Tay | Dance Teacher
- Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) Advanced Foundation certified, under the tutelage of Crestar School of Dance Principal, Ms Cindy Toh.
Skilled Dancer With Rich Competing Experiences
- Active performer of multiple school showcases and official competitions.
- Competent dancer who actively participates in competitions such as Get The Beat (GTB) Singapore.
Well-trained And Qualified Teacher
- Over 15 years of dance education, with experience in teaching young children.
- Passionate and experiential dancer with multi-genre competencies – Ballet, Hip Hop and Contemporary Dance.
Cindy Liu | Dance Teacher
Cindy danced with the Liao Ning Ballet School in China before pursing her Diploma in Dance at the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA), specialized in Ballet Techniques – Pointe work and Pas De Duex, Jazz Dance and Asian Dance. In NAFA, she had performed variations of ballets such as Don Quixote and La Bayadere. In the same period, she also performed Giselle with the Singapore Dance Theatre.
In 2008 and 2009, Cindy won 2nd and 3rd place in the Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing (CSTD) Asia-Pacific Competition in Group and Solo Category respectively. Cindy had also achieved Distinction in her RAD vocational examination and has been teaching both RAD and CSTD syllabi since 2011.
Hiromi Nakatsu | Rhythmic Gymnastics Teacher
- Degree Graduate and Research Scholar from the Tokyo Women’s College of Physical Education.
- Skilled Rhythmic Gymnast with over 18 years of competing experience at national level.
Passionate Rhythmic Gymnast, Experienced & Nurturing Teacher
- Title-holder in multiple national, regional and international gymnastic competitions.
- Highly-qualified Rhythmic Gymnastics, Physical Education and Dance teacher.
Hui Ji | Dance Teacher
- Beijing Dance Academy Bachelor of Fine Arts (Ballet for Professional Teaching & Performing) Scholar.
- Shenyang (China) Art School Diploma in Dance Graduate.
- The Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing (CSTD) registered teacher, with Teachers’ Certificate in Classical.
- Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) registered teacher, with Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies.
- RAD Vocational Examinations (Distinction).
- CSTD Major Examinations (Honours Plus).
Professional Dancer, Experienced Teacher
- Over 15 years of professional ballet teaching experience.
- Equipped with knowledge in Ballet Technique, Repertory, Pas de deux, Character Dance, Contemporary Dance, Ballet Pedagogy and Historical Dance.
- Infuses professional dancing experience in The Four Temperaments, Swan Lake, La Fille Mal Gardee, Giselle and Paquita, into classes through proficient and unique teaching methods.
Isabelle Neo | Dance Teacher
- Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) Advanced 2 certified, under the tutelage of Crestar School of Dance Principal, Ms Ivy Chua.
- Former Captain of the National University of Singapore Chinese Dance (NUSCD) Group.
Competent Dancer With A Myriad Of Performing Experiences
- Active participant of various dance competitions such as the Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing (CSTD) Singapore
- Dance Competition and Get the Beat (GTB) Singapore.
- Experienced dancer on and off stage, having participated in multiple School performances as a performer and part of the production team.
Passionate dancer who aspires to inspire
- Over 19 years of dance education, with experience in teaching varied age groups, from as young as 4 years old to adults.
- Strives to inspire deep dance interest in others through her teaching.
Joy Foo | Dance Teacher
Joy Foo started ballet at the age of 4 with Crestar Learning Centre. She has completed her RAD graded examinations with distinction and completed all major grades till Advanced 2. Joy is also a graduate with Degree in Banking and Finance from University of London, Joy holds a Ballet Teaching certificate from Royal Academy of Dance. She had participated in numerous summer schools and was awarded 2nd for Neo classical (group) for 10th Asia Pacific Competition.
Joy’s passion for dance had also turned her from being a student in Crestar to a current teacher of Crestar School of Dance. Her love for children has inspired her to be a teacher and developed a profound interest of working with children of all ages. She had also choreographed dance items for various annual dance concerts and competition. She hopes to become a beacon of inspiration to her students, many who hopes to be able to teacher ballet like her someday.
Julniee Tan | Dance Teacher
- Groomed as a dancer at the young age of 3; a confident choreographer and performer.
- Title-holder in numerous dance competitions, notably at the Singapore Youth Festival (SYF).
- Proud school representative at the Youth Leadership Dance Camp and Talent Development Programme (Singapore Dance Theatre).
Young, Vibrant & Dedicated Teacher
- Certified by the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) under the Certificate of Ballet Teaching Studies programme.
- Aspires to nurture younger generation of dancers passionate about the art form.
- Encouraging and dedicated teacher, striving for continuous improvement in her students.
- Adventurous and spontaneous, creating a vibrant dance learning experience in class.
June Lau | Dance Teacher
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Dance, LASALLE College of the Arts.
- Certified Progressing Ballet Technique (PBT) instructor.
- Received the Diamond Performer Award at Hong Kong Disneyland.
Skillful Dancer On Multiple Grand Platforms
- Former professional dance performer at Disneyland.
- Represented Hong Kong Disneyland at the TEDxYouth event in 2014.
- Performed at Esplanade’s Da:ns festival, as well as overseas dance festival.
- Worked with renowned international choreographers like Loretta Livingston.
Skillful Dancer On Multiple Grand Platforms Competent Teacher With Rich And Diversified Dance Experience
- Over a decade of teaching experience in Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Taught different dance genres and styles across ages at various schools and studios.
- Trained and eloquent in ballet, jazz, contemporary dance and rhythmic gymnastics.
- Choreographed for local and overseas dance performances and competitions.
Laureen Lin | Dance Teacher
Laureen Lin is trained in both the Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing (CSTD) and Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) syllabi. She is a registered teacher with the RAD, holding the Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies and an Affiliate teaching member of the CSTD. A Bachelor in Early Childhood Education and Leadership graduate, she has over 8 years of teaching experience with children in pre-schools. Laureen has been teaching with Crestar School of Dance since 2009. She has participated in extensive dance activities in schools as well as for Summer Schools for both RAD and the CSTD. She also actively participates in dance workshops conducted by renowned dancers and examiners. She is currently teaching in Crestar Hougang and Marine Parade. She has a strong passion in teaching dance and a patient person who enjoys the challenges of working with children.
Liew Wei Lin | Dance Teacher
- Certified dance teacher by the Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing (CSTD).
- Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) Advanced 1 certified.
Experienced Dancer, Vibrant And Dedicated Teacher
- Over 20 years of dance experience; adept in Ballet, Modern and Chinese dance genres.
- Student-turned-teacher, under the fine tutelage of Crestar’s Artistic Director and Principal.
- Enriched with diverse teaching methods, through experienced mentors in various stages of her life as a dancer and teacher.
- Actively seeks performing and competing opportunities for her students, holistically developing them.
Liew Wei Lin
Lim Ming Zhi | Dance Teacher
- Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honours), Goldsmiths’ College, University of London.
- Double Scholarship from LASALLE & VIVO Ballet (Rome, Italy).
- Postgraduate Teaching Certificate at the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD, Berlin).
- LASALLE Award Receiver for Academic Excellence.
Training & Dancing With The Best In Europe & Asia
- Professional Dancer at VIVO Ballet, Rome, Italy.
- Choreographer and Dancer for over 30 international and local performances, including Europe’s top-notch performances – Zonton and Giselle, and Singapore’s Esplanade Dance Festival and NUS Arts Festival.
- Represented Singapore at the Rhythm and Roots: Best of ASEAN Performing Arts (Philippines).
Accomplished International Dancer With Holistic Teaching Background
- Conducted International Masterclass for The Essington School in Darwin, Australia.
- Over 8 years of collective teaching experience in Ballet schools and LASALLE College of the Arts.
- Coached over 10 schools in various dance genres ranging from Classical Ballet to Contemporary and Cultural Dance.
- Groomed students for Direct School Admission (DSA) into the School of the Arts Singapore (SOTA) and other renowned schools.
Lim Ming Zhi
Masakorn Singsaweg | Dance Teacher
- Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) syllabi-trained, with Distinction.
- Affiliated member of the Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing (CSTD).
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA) Diploma in Dance scholar.
Experienced Dancer, Nurturing And Skilled Teacher
- Title-holder in multiple regional and international dance competitions, such as the Asia Pacific Dance Competition, Bauhinia Cup International Dance Invitation Championship and Asian Youth Dance (Hong Kong).
- Collaborated with renowned choreographers from the United States and United Kingdom, such as Ms Wallie Wolfgruber, Ms Rosalind Newman, John Mead and James Cousins, and jointly-performed in their showcases.
Misuzu Motoyama | Rhythmic Gymnastics Teacher
- Over 20 years of experience in both Rhythmic Gymnastics and Acrobat Movement.
- Bachelor of Arts, Kanda University of International Study.
Highly Qualified Gymnast with a Plethora of experiences
- Professional Rhythmic Gymnast with over 10 years of performing experience.
- Accomplished competitor of several national and international competitions such as the All Japan Junior Championships, National High School Championships in Tokyo and International Junior Championships in Bulgaria.
- Multi-talented dancer, equally competent in Hip Hop and Jazz.
Mohd Razfrainn | Dance Teacher
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU) graduate; member and secretary of NTU MJ Hip Hop Club.
- Own over a decade of Hip Hop experience as a member of street crew, Limited Edition.
- World Hip Hop Dance Championship 2016 (Las Vegas) Mega Crew Semi Finalist and ARENA Dance Competition Champion.
Experienced Dancer, Nurturing And Dedicated Teacher
- Over 24 years of dance experience; adept in Hip Hop, Contemporary, Jazz, and Chinese dance
- Invited competitor to represent Singapore in ARENA Chengdu (China) 2017.
- Champion-holder of numerous local and regional dance competitions.
- Professional performer on major platforms such as Countdown events and Miss Singapore Finals.
- Performed alongside popular Korean boyband BTS as their stage dancer.
- Active associate member and member of various dance groups – NTU MJ Hip Hop Club, National University of Singapore (NUS) Dance Ensemble.
Experienced Choreographer And Instructor
- Resident instructor and choreographer of Dance Co-Curriculum Activities (CCA) at primary school level.
- Lead Choreographer of the following major events and milestones:
- 28th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games dance item.
- Singapore’s first ever Flashmob – Coca-Cola’s Open Happiness.
- Singapore’s first roving Flashmob – Tampines Celebrates SG50.
- NTU Biennial Concerts.
Phang Zie Shan | Dance Teacher
- Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) registered teacher with Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies.
- Trained under an RAD examiner, with over 13 years of dance teaching experience.
- Beijing Dance Academy (BDA) qualified Chinese Dance teacher.
Experienced Dancer, Nurturing And Dedicated Teacher
- Groomed numerous students from all graded levels for their RAD examinations.
- Firm believer of continuous learning and quality teaching; regularly attends RAD seminars to keep up-to-date of the latest syllabi.
- Experienced performer and choreographer in classical ballet.
Phang Zie Shan
Rebecca Phua | Dance Teacher
- LASALLE College of the Arts Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Dance graduate.
- The Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing (CSTD) certified teacher.
- Progressing ballet technique (PBT) certified.
Trained Under Prestigious Artists, Performed Internationally
- Trained under the tutelage of prominent dance artists, such as Ravenna Tucker, Jamie Redfern, Tammy L. Wong, Silvia Yong, Cheng Hsienfa, and many more.
- Performed popular works by internationally-renowned artists – Loretta Livingston (USA), Ming-Lung Yang (USA), Jamie Redfern (Australia) and Albert Tiong (Singapore).
- Choreographed works performed by LASALLE College of the Arts.
Experienced Teacher, Dance Safety Research Fellow
- Competent in multi-genre dance forms, including Ballet and Contemporary.
- Groomed students and choreographed winning pieces at local and regional competitions such as the Asian Grand Prix, Get the Beat, Hong Kong Challenge Cup and Asia Dance Art Festival.
- Extensive exploration on dance safety (The Alexander Technique, Pilates) for thesis research, materialising in dance classes designed around students’ safety and injury prevention.
Tricia Tan | Dance Teacher
Tricia has been teaching in Crestar since 2003 and has sent many of her students for numerous concerts and performances organised by Crestar. She holds a Teaching Certificate from the Royal Academy of Dance. In addition, she is also a graduate of Diploma in Mass Communication, University of Humberside (UK) & Griffith University (Australia) and Advanced Diploma in Mass Communications, Oklahoma City University. She believes in imparting her skills, cultivating their love for dance and helps them to acquire ballet techniques with poise & grace.
Vivian Chieng | Dance Teacher
The Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) Registered Teacher.
RAD Vocational Graded.
RAD Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS).
Progressing Ballet Technique (PBT) certified.
Experienced Young Teacher With Outstanding Dance Achievements
- Passionate dancer and teacher, who started ballet at the age of 5.
- Outstanding dancer with Distinctions and Merit for her RAD examinations.
- Honours ballet student under the Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing (CSTD) Classical Ballet Major and Sub-Elementary Levels.
- Multiple title-holder in national dance competitions.
- Experienced performer with invitations to perform at major national events such as the launch of the Calisthenics of Art & Culture Council Malaysia and a charity concert.
Professional Dancer On Multiple Regional Platforms
- A firm-believer in seeking performing and competing opportunities for her students to widen their dance exposure.
- Choreographed winning competition pieces at the Asian Grand Prix, Get the Beat, Hong Kong Challenge Cup and Asia Dance Art Festival.
Yvonne Chua Jia Hang | Dance Teacher
Yvonne is a passionate dancer and teacher who loves the performing arts, reading, language and going green. She started dancing in 2009 with NUS Dance BLAST!. Since then, she has been involved in many school dance productions and recitals as a dancer and also, as a choreographer. She also partakes in external performances such as the National Day Flashmob and the Youth Olympic Games 2010 Flashmob. Yvonne is engaged as a dancer with the Universal Studio Singapore in 2011. She graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2012 with a Bachelor of Science (HONS) in Real Estate. She joined Crestar in 2012 and currently teaches Hip Hop classes to kids and adults.
Yvonne Chua Jia Hang